Held by Dr Chris Jones, on Wednesday June 11th, at the College Court facilities.
The course will be organised as follows:
Introduction to Enterprise & Business Development
- The innovation ecosystem
- Who are the stakeholders?
- SME’s and their significance to economic growth
- National and EU incentives and the “impact Agenda”
- Key definitions and policies
How industry works with academia
- What industry wants from innovators
- Confidentiality and contract basics
- Consultancy, contract research & services to industry
- Liability and professional responsibility
Intellectual Property & Licensing
- What is IP?
- Copyright and Trademarks
- IP protection & the patent system
- Research Commercialisation & Licensing IP
Spin-Out Companies and Raising Finance
- Different types of businesses
- Setting up a new spin-out company
- Raising money and basic business planning
- Exit strategies
|16:00-17:00 INVITED SPEAKER